I’ve spoken before about leveraging social media to aid in your job search, such as using LinkedIn Today to keep on top of current trends and news in your industry of choice. Another resource at your disposal is Twitter. Now whether or not you are comfortable with the idea of speaking in 140 characters or less, Twitter still provides a valuable tool to keep on top of companies, news, and most important—job openings. I’ve compiled a short but helpful list of people and organizations to follow in your hunt.
- Viveka vonRosen (@LinkedInExpert): Viveka really is the expert when it comes to all things LinkedIn. From who to follow, to building a solid LinkedIn profile, she is queen. If you aren’t sure how best to use LinkedIn, follow her for a wealth of tips.
- Dice.com (@DiceTechJobs): What better place to get tips for job hunting than the place you uploaded your resume to? Dice.com posts a plethora of helpful articles, job openings across the country, and little fun facts to make you think.
- Undercover Recruiter (@UndercoverRec): They may be undercover, but their valuable information is no secret. Undercover Recruiter tweets everyday to help bolster you personal brand and identify ways you can improve your job seeking techniques.
- Tech Crunch (@TechCrunch): Stay on top of breaking technology news with tweets from Tech Crunch.
- Job-Hunt.org (@JobHuntOrg): One of the best sources for career advice on the internet, Job-Hunt.org can guide you from writing your resume to accepting a job offer.
As an added bonus, the Savvy Intern has a list of 100 Twitter accounts to follow this year if you need help search for work. Check them out!