There’s some great news floating around our offices today: We’re thrilled to announce the launch of Modis Belgium to our more than 70 global offices! At Modis, we believe our foundation is our colleagues, and we are excited to welcome many new colleagues to our family. Modis President Jack Cullen has a few warm words for our new Belgian friends:
Not only are we looking forward to bringing our brand to Belgium, we’ve also got 10 more reasons we’re excited to be in Belgium:
1) The Brussels ICT sector numbers nearly 2,000 companies, employs 30,000 people and generates annual revenue totalling €4.5 billion!
2) The world’s biggest chocolate selling point is Brussels National Airport.
3) Belgium performs well in many measures of well-being, as shown by the fact that it ranks among the top ten countries in several topics in the Better Life Index.
4) 80% of billiard players use Belgian-made balls.
5) Belgium’s information and communication technology (ICT) sector is flourishing. It currently contributes over 4% of Belgium’s gross domestic product.
6) Brussels has 138 restaurants per square mile.
7) With 77.72% of Belgium using the internet, Belgium is 50.31% ahead of the global average. This means that there are approximately 8,113,000 Belgian internet users.
8) There are more castles per square kilometre in Belgium than in any other country.
9) The Belgian motorway system is the only man-made structure visible from the moon (at night, due to the lights all along the motorway network).
10) The Belgian population is known for its productivity, loyalty, openness and language skills, and the quality of the Belgian workforce enjoys worldwide renown.